Welcome to CCMS Choir!
I am looking forward to an exciting, musical year. In order for our choir to sound its best, each of us needs to contribute to the best of our ability. The goals, expectations, and procedures outlined below will allow us to reach our fullest potential as a performing ensemble.
An Important Note About Distance Learning:
During the 2020-2021 school year, we will begin in Distance Learning mode. Your student should subscribe to the Google Classroom page for their choir (Singing Panthers or Voicestra), and be sure to attend all zoom meetings (on Monday and Thursday mornings), and complete all assignments on Google Classroom. The Google Classroom code for Singing Panthers is: 6k6yha7. The Google Classroom code for Voicestra is: 3yzkitr. The Google Classroom code for Ms. Koplinka-Loehr's Panther Pod advisory period on Wednesday mornings from 9:05-9:35 am is: yoz52jt. Please email me directly at: email@example.com if you have any questions or issues accessing Google Classroom.
The goal of the choral program is to produce students who are knowledgeable about music, have developed listening skills, can perform successfully with confidence, and can operate and cooperate within a structured framework. Students are not expected to become virtuoso musicians. Students are expected to establish both short and long range goals for vocal improvement, and to develop the skills and tools necessary to become life-long independent musicians and learners. In choir, students gain knowledge and skills in proper vocal technique, unison and two, three, or four-part singing, music reading, notation, terminology, ear training, critical analysis, and music history. Students perform a varied repertoire of music in different languages, cultures, and stylistic periods. For further information, please see the California State Music Content Standards here.Participation:
Singing is a skill. Skills need to be practiced to improve. Singers at CCMS are musicians. Like any skill, it becomes more fun the more you practice! You are members of a musical TEAM that requires 100% participation.
- Students are expected to be in class every day, on time. By the time the bell rings, students will be seated with their folder and a pencil.
- Students will maintain a positive attitude at all times, to themselves, each other, and the director. Encourage one another!
- Always follow along during rehearsal and mark your own music quickly.
- Listen attentively, even when your section is not singing. Follow along in your own music, to improve your music-reading skills.
- Students are expected to work to master the singing skills required, and ask for help when needed.
- Maintain vocal health: drink lots of water, and avoid shouting or excessively loud talking.
- Students will keep track of performance dates and attend all concerts.
It is my goal to excite all students about music and singing, and to provide them with meaningful music instruction in a positive, supportive learning environment. If you have any questions about the class or your child’s progress, please contact me at (310) 842-4200, ext. 5001, or firstname.lastname@example.org, and I will be happy to speak with you. I very much look forward to working with all of you this year!
Ms. Danielle Koplinka-Loehr, CCMS Choir Director