Today’s first day of operating CCUSD schools in “dismissal” status went very smoothly:
- As planned, there was no instruction today, and teachers utilized the day to plan lessons for remote learning and communicate their plans to their students.
- A number of students came to campus today between 10:00am and 2:00pm to pick up materials in their lockers/classrooms and check out the technology at their school office between.
- In addition, students were able to obtain grab-and-go lunches at the Culver City High School cafeteria today. This will continue daily through Friday, March 20, between 10:30am - 12:00pm. This grab-and-go service will resume after the scheduled Spring Break if schools are still closed at that time.
Distance learning begins tomorrow, Tuesday, March 17, and will continue through Friday, March 20. Spring Break starts on March 23 and runs through April 3. Please look for further information by April 2 regarding the possibility of continued distance learning after Spring Break.
During this time, we are taking every possible step to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. It is imperative that you continue to implement all necessary precautions including self-quarantine, social distancing and all suggested CDC actions. We all share in the duty and obligation to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
Please check out this information from the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/
coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html or this information outlining what parents and students should know about COVID-19: https://edsource.org/2020/ coronavirus-qa-what- california-parents-and- students-should-know-about- covid-19/624413
Also, please be sure to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Wear a facemask if you are sick.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily
If you or your child are diagnosed with a confirmed case of COVID-19, please inform us by contacting Dianna Castro, Health Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, Veronica Montes, Director of School and Family Support Services at email@example.com, and your site principal.
Look for further communications as more information becomes available.