1. Select a specific culture (example: Hindu, Korean, Russian, Norwegian, Argentinian, Armenian, Vietnamese, Nigerian, South African, etc.) and an article of
traditional clothing (example: wedding attire, ceremonial, ritual, everyday, etc.)
2. Now, select an article of clothing that is used in our society (example: leisure wear, prom formal wear, every day school wear, athletic wear, wedding, etc.)
3. With the 2 different article of clothings; one from a specific culture and one from our society, blend the two together to make for a new fashion design.
4. Cultural Appreciation: When we seek to understand and learn about another culture in an effort to broaden their perspective and connect with others cross-
5. You are to use elements from another culture's fashion as inspiration for your fashion design and NOT as a mockery.
Criteria for the 2 Fashion Drawings to complete by Friday @4pm:
6. Choose and draw 2 fashion croquis (figures) side by side on one sheet of paper.
7. On ONE croquis, draw the specific culture (example: Hindu, Korean, Russian, Norwegian, Argentinian, Armenian, Vietnamese, Nigerian, South African, etc.)
clothing you have chosen, color and/or shade it.
8. On the SECOND croquis, draw your blended clothing using the specific culture clothing as inspiration and the clothing from our society, color and shade it.
9. Both croquis need to be 9 heads tall