Theatre Arts Electives
The Theatre Arts electives are a great way to participate in theatre during the day! Whether you want to learn how to get out of your comfort zone and get comfortable speaking in front of a class, or you want to challenge and refine your acting skills in preparation for auditions for AVPA at CCHS, another arts high school, or professional/community auditions, there's something for everyone!
How to Join:
Exploration of Theatre Arts (Semester-long)
- No prerequisites and ALL grades (6-8) can join!
- Sign up on this interest form! You can still sign up for SPRING, but sign ups for Fall are officially CLOSED.
Advanced Theatre Arts (Year-long)
- Audition required or a grade of a "B" or higher in Exploration of Theatre
- ALL grades (6-8) eligible to join!
- Thank you to all who auditioned! This class is officially CLOSED for the 2020-2021 school year and all decisions have been made and sent to students via their student email :)
The Performances program is primarily run after school with rehearsals twice a week and performances on weeknights and weekends. In this program students have the opportunity to perform in a play in the Fall and a musical production in the Spring semester. Students who prefer a role off of the stage also have the chance to participate in the productions through backstage crew work such as sets, props, costumes, hair, makeup and other technical theater roles. There are also leadership opportunities for student director roles in music, acting, and dance.
Rehearsals in the Fall will be Mondays and Thursdays from 2:00-3/4 depending on the rehearsal.