Welcome Panther Performers and CCMS Community!
Culver City Middle School has an incredible Theater Arts program available to 6th, 7th & 8th graders! Starting the 2020-2021 school year there will be TWO opportunities for 6-8th grade students to take Theatre Arts as an elective, in addition to the FREE after school Performances program open to all students interested in performing in the school productions.
- Intro to Theatre Arts (Semester-long elective; 6-8th grade)
- Anyone can join!
- Learn basics of theatre, storytelling, improv and audition skills
- Perform in class only in workshop-style
- Advanced Theatre Arts (Year-long elective; 6-8th grade)
- Audition required
- Learn & perform competition pieces (monologues, partner scenes etc.)
- Write, perform, direct and produce student-derived theatre
- Refine audition skills including resumes and headshots
- Design technical production elements
- Perform in out of class performances and festivals
- After school program (Cast or Crew)
- 2 rehearsals/week for cast
- 1 rehearsal/week for crew
Theatre Arts Electives
The Theatre Arts electives are a great way to participate in theatre during the day! Whether you want to learn how to get out of your comfort zone and get comfortable speaking in front of a class, or you want to challenge and refine your acting skills in preparation for auditions for AVPA at CCHS, another arts high school, or professional/community auditions, there's something for everyone!
How to Join:
Intro to Theatre Arts (Semester-long)
- Sign up on your course selection sheet by March 3rd!
Advanced Theatre Arts (Year-long)
The Audition Process for 2020-2021 has changed due to COVID-19 Concerns, Please see complete information and list of requirements below in document titled "applying to advanced theatre."
*****AUDITION FORMS AND SELF-TAPES DUE ASAP******
In this program students have the opportunity to perform in a musical production during both the Fall and Spring semesters. Students who prefer a role off of the stage also have the chance to participate in the productions through backstage crew work such as sets, props, costumes, hair, makeup and other technical theater roles. The Performances program is primarily run after school with rehearsals on Mondays & Thursdays
WILLY WONKA JR CAST
Thank you to all who attended our audition week! This is the toughest casting to date! For those who did not get cast, please know how hard it was to make these decisions because of the immense talent we saw from every single person. We would love to see you come out again next year or see you as an integral part of this production as crew.
For those being cast, please check the tentative rehearsal calendar and plan on attending the first rehearsal on Thursday January 16th at 2:30pm in room 111. Make sure you sign the cast list posted outside room 111 before Wednesday January 15th to accept your role in the production.
Enjoy some photos from our previous productions:
The Music Man Jr.