1. You may choose a ready-made portrait from the "Original Grid Portrait" tab
2. If you would like to choose your own, here is what you may do to grid your original:
a. download the "Drawing Grid Maker" app on your phone
b. Use an image from your photos or download a picture from the Internet
c. Open the image on the app
d. Be sure to check off the "Sq" box and "bw" (this will make sure your image is black and
white and square grid)
e. From here you can print, save and download onto your computer to view or simply just
draw it from there (but I suggest saving it, just in case something goes wrong!)
3. Grid LIGHTLY on loose paper or sketchbook (approx 8.5x11") 2x2" squares. This means the
zero is on the edge of the paper and you will mark every 2 inches (2,4,6,8). Do this
horizontally and vertically.
4. Now, omit any boxes that are not needed by cutting.
5. Begin to draw box-by-box onto your grid paper, no shading yet!
6. When you are done with the line drawing, ERASE all grid lines
7. Use your pencil and paper towel to add shading and blend!
*TURNING IN YOUR WORK:
1. Take a pic of both your drawing and the original (if you used one of my originals, no pic is
2. Upload/Attach onto the blank document titled, "Personal Grid Portrait & Original"
3. Then TURN IT IN right here, into this assignment